Thursday, June 9, 2011

Time to Move On

Let me start this blog by saying, we could not have had better hands-on caregivers in the Hospital we are in. The nurses, staff and several doctors have been OUTSTANDING and only want the best for Battboy. But I have ran into some walls in getting the care I THINK he deserves. So I am starting the process to have him transferred to Vanderbilt. It seems the GI doctors here only want to try things we have already tried in the past that didn't work then, & from what I see so far, aren't working now. We have been here 2 weeks today and things aren't getting any better, & very well maybe getting worse.
I have decided I am not going to allow guessing games to continue when it comes to his treatment. I will no longer be caught up in doctors egos. There should be NOTHING under this roof that should be put above the care of kids in need.
I could NOT be more appreciative to the MANY staff members who have showed us nothing but compassion & respect. I feel honored to have met several of them. I am sorry that I have to go SO far to get a second opinion, but it is a small price to pay to have my child tolerating feeds.
On a side note, if you have a child who needs hospital care in my hometown, you can ONLY take them to ONE of the 4 hospitals here, hope it goes well if you have to visit it.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure this isn't an easy decision, but it seems like the right one. Still praying for answers <3