Monday, March 28, 2011

Marc Broussard at The Bijou

On Tuesday March 8th I had the pleasure of attending the Marc Broussard concert at the Bijou Theatre in Downtown Knoxville. This was my first show of not only Marc's, but also at the Bijou, so had to have pre-show dinner at the Bistro At the Bijou. Dinner was excellent! Might I say there was an added bonus to choosing The Bistro, he picked up dinner there too! Marc was kind enough to pose for a picture after ordering his dinner, and my night was off to an excellent start!
So with belly nourished and spirits high off to the Bijou I go. I admire the gorgeous facilty on my way in, as I had heard how lovely it was, but had never seen myself. I stopped by the bar, and then I had to check out the merchandise table. There, to my delight I see advanced copies of Marc's new EP or CD, all I know is I am excited for new music! I grab a copy and climb to the balcony, still admiring the theater.
The opening act was Sonia Leigh, who'd I had also never seen, but I enjoyed her set. At this point I had met & gotten picture with Marc, snagged new music from him. The Spice Girls could've have opened and I would still have enjoyed. One last trip to the bar before Marc takes the stage, and then I had 1 1/2 hours of complete music bliss. Marc was a pleasure to hear & to watch. He is extremely funny on stage and keeps the crowd into the entire show.
So was might night out in the rain with a bummed out shoulder worth it...INDEED!

No comments:

Post a Comment